GUITAR: My approach to guitar teaching is based on a weekly practice regime consisting of exercises to improve 5 key areas of playing guitar. Each week the student will be given 1 exercise to learn in each category: Scales, Chords, Rhythm, Technique and Performance.
SAXOPHONE: While baritone sax is my specialty, the beginning techniques and exercises I teach are universal and will give any student the fundamentals to succeed. I take a similar approach to saxophone as I do teaching guitar, giving students weekly exercises to move them forward in 5 categories: Tone, Scales, Technique, Theory and Performance.
FULL BAND CLINICS: I also offer 2-4 hr sessions with full bands
Topics I cover:
- Playing together as rhythm section, creating a platform for a song to build from, and overall synergy
- Beginnings (establishing tempo and dynamics)
- Building a solo, Differentiating between sections and soloists
- Endings (Breakdowns, fadeouts, hits, segues etc)
- Set planning and stage presence